Sunday, February 04, 2007

Referral Call

At 1:58pm Thursday, February 1,007 I saw on caller ID that it was FTIA. I knew this was "the call." Diane asked if I was sitting down and did I have something to write with. Of course I did! I had been waiting 15 months, 2 weeks and 3 days for this! Diane then said "I have a baby for you." She went on to say there was a large age range in this batch and we had received a little one.

She then states she was 7 months old today! I can not even put into words what I felt at that moment. Then she provided this information:

Name: Cen, Li Qing
Born: 07/01/2006
Residing at the Hengfeng Social Welfare Institute
Jiangxi Province

She then gave lots of other information related to adoption paperwork and such. I barely remember it. All I could think is that I have a baby! Then she said I should give Dad a call and let him know. Dad? Wow!

No problem! I immediately called Chuck. Can you believe his cell went to voice mail!!! I called right back and he answered this time. He knew this was the call he had been waiting for and just couldn't get to the phone quick enough the first time. We were both very calm as I relayed this wonderful news to him.

When Chuck returned home from work he brought me flowers and said "Happy Monther's Day!! Of course I lost it and was overwhelmed with tears of joy! What a lucky woman I am!

No comments: